Friday, February 16, 2007

Gregory Crewdson



Gregory Crewdson, from Twilight series

I have been looking at his work for over a year now and he is still my favorite contemporary artist. Even though I searched for his website obsessively for past few months, I still couldn't find an "official" website that is dedicated for his works only. However, you can google his name for image search, and you could find some of his work (not the best condition) It is also definitely worth it to look at them in book format if you ever have chance to browse through them in book store. (highly recommended) As you can tell by looking at image, his work is based on large production scale (has over 60 people to work on his image), by large scale I mean as big as that of movie production. I like his twilight series. His use of narrative, mis-en-scene are just great. There are some of information about his works and bio on this page.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, now I see where your works coming from. This guys works are veeery mysterious!

-mike

Jin said...

Yeeees indeed. The root of my obsession keke. Good to see you here Mike :)