Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Atta Kim: On-Air


Atta Kim, ON-AIR Project, New York Series, Park Avenue, 8 Hours, 2005, © Atta Kim

I am currently looking at Asian artists, and Atta Kim seems to be doing very well. I saw his other series and became interested in. His ON-AIR Project is interesting to look at, because the sites that he photographs - Times Square is one of it - looks deserted at a glance, but soon I realized that it is not empty. It was the time that washed out all the movements within the frame, leaving only traces. You can see the images for ON-AIR Project here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should check out the work of Masataka Nakano. He shoots high traffic areas that are deserted.
He has a book called Tokyo Nobody.
-mike

Jin said...

wow, I like him alot. My lost america series is very striking to me...